Mr. Appliance of Altadena
Service Area: Montrose, La Cañada Flintridge, Altadena, Pasadena
Position Title: Appliance Service Technician
Mr. Appliance is a national appliance repair franchise network with 150 locations throughout North America.
Mr. Appliance of Altadena is seeking a qualified service technician to be an integral part of the operation and direct support to the team. This position is responsible to accurately diagnose, troubleshoot, and repair moderately complex appliance/equipment services inherent to all major appliances in the customer's home. Appliances repaired include, but are not limited to: washers & dryers, refrigerators, freezers, ranges, microwave ovens, dishwashers, trash compactors, garbage disposals, and other home appliances.
The technician provides timely, quality repair and installation of homeowner’s appliance needs while maintaining the highest possible customer service, and identifying opportunities to sell additional work.
A service van, specialized tools, uniforms, I-Pad and cell phone are provided.
Essential functions and responsibilities:
- Ability to provide exceptional customer service while maintaining a professional demeanor at all times
- Ensure uniform guidelines and service policies are strictly adhered to by service technicians at all times. Must be clean, pressed and worn in an appropriate manner
- Understands and adheres to Code of Values
- Ability to give the customer an accurate estimate of the cost of repair or installation
- Possess the ability to observe installed equipment or systems to detect hazards, and use basic tools or instruments to assemble, adjust, calibrate, repair or test various products
- Test continuity of currents to ensure electric compatibility and safety of components with testing instruments such as a multimeter
- Ability to read, understand, and navigate through information presented in schematics, diagrams, blueprints or other pictorial displays
- Maintain truck stock inventory within company standards
- Follow the truck maintenance schedule and keep car presentable at all times
- Ability to use an I-Pad for service call processes, routing functions, and parts/inquiries/ordering.
- Knowledge of basic electrical principles
- Other duties as assigned
- Valid State Insured Driver’s License
- Clean Driving Record
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Must be highly organized with excellent time management skills
- Comprehend, read, and write in basic English
- Proficiency to navigate tablet-based technology
- Self-starter with initiative
- 1-2 years of appliance repair experience
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Ability to safely lift 50 pounds on a repetitive basis, and up to 100 pounds on an occasional basis without assistance, and the physical ability to perform strenuous work under varied circumstances
- Refrigeration License a plus, but not required
- Successful background check
- Competitive pay, plus commission
- Dental and vision benefits
- Time-off programs, including vacation, holiday and sick time
To see what a day in the life of a Mr. Appliance Service Technician looks like, check out this quick video:
When you do what you love, it never feels like a job. And what we love doing is problem-solving, figuring out why appliances aren’t working, and then bringing them back to life. It helps that our culture is all about learning and collaboration. And if that isn’t enough, there’s competitive compensation and flexible working hours. Give us a shout.
Mr. Appliance LLC is the franchisor of the Mr. Appliance® franchised system. Each Mr. Appliance® franchised location is independently-owned and operated by an independent franchisee performing services. As a service to its independent franchisees, Mr. Appliance LLC lists employment opportunities available throughout the franchised network so those employment opportunities may be conveniently found by interested parties at one central location for brand management purposes only. Mr. Appliance LLC is NOT the employer seeking help. The only employer is the independent franchisee who has listed its available positions on this website.
I acknowledge that each independent Mr. Appliance® franchisee hires and determines the terms and conditions of employment for its own employees. Any employment benefits, compensation and employment practices vary by location. Neither Mr. Appliance LLC (“Franchisor”) nor its affiliates have the power to: (1) hire, fire or modify the employment condition of franchisee’s employees; (2) supervise and control franchisee’s employee work schedule or conditions of employment; (3) determine the rate and method of payment; or (4) accept, review or maintain franchisee employment records. Mr. Appliance LLC is NOT the employer and/or joint employer for: (i) any of the job opportunities listed on this website; (ii) any of the independent franchisees; and, (iii) any of the employees of the independent franchisees.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)